a holiday home in the Lake District ...
a holiday home in the Lake District ...
Owning a 5 Star Gold Crown Timeshare in the English Lake District is an investment in your family's holidaying future, and opens up unlimited opportunities for exchange to some of the finest timeshare resorts around the world.
Set in the heart of the English Lake District and surrounded by breathtaking scenery and some of the finest walking, biking and climbing locations on the Country. The Langdale Estate offers a choice of luxury hotel & self catering accommodation, spa experiences and therapies, restaurant and bar.
Time ownership allows you to enjoy regular holidays in the stunning Langdale Valley in the heart of the Lake District.
Holidaying at the Langdale Estate means you can enjoy the extensive leisure facilities as well as the choice of restaurants and bars all at discounted prices.
Timeshare owners at The Langdale Estate gain assess to exclusive discounts and benefits, including up to 15% savings across the Estate in the Spa, Bars and Restaurants, and in The Langdale Hotel and the Brimstone Hotel.
The timeshare owners love Langdale so much that when the entire resort was put up for sale many of them became shareholders in their own company in order to purchase the estate and preserve its future. This loyalty and sense of belonging is something very special, unmatched by our competitors. Some of the Timeshare Weeks for resale have a share in Langdale Owner’s PLC attached. Please contact us for more details.
6 easy steps to buying Time Ownership at Langdale
- Visit Langdale and have a look around the Estate to see first-hand what Langdale has to offer.
- Once you've had a look around and discussed the different options available with a member of the Sales team, choose your property and make your offer.
- Once a price has been agreed for the property you enter into a 3 week completion period. The first 2 weeks is your cooling off period where you can cancel the arrangement at anytime for any reason. We do not take deposits on purchase so no money will be taken at this stage. The final week is when full monies are due. The only additional cost on top of the purchase price is a legal fee of £130 + VAT.
- Simply sign the paperwork that you will receive in the post and send it back to Langdale. All transactions can be done via the post so you won't need to revisit.
- Once the paperwork has been processed by the solicitors you will then receive your holiday certificate, this will be your legal deed to the property for the week you have purchased.
- Sit back and look forward to many happy years of fantastic holidays at Langdale.
Additional Benefits of Ownership at Langdale worth over £350* per week
As a Timeshare Owner at The Langdale Estate, not only to do benefit from all the excellent facilities at Langdale, but you'll also be entitled to exclusive offers onsite, including up to 15% off across The Estate ... plus exclusive savings at a number of local attractions, shops, cafes in the Lake District which is worth over £350 per week*.
We are continuously looking for new partnerships with some of the biggest, newest and most exciting businesses within the Lake District to arrange exclusive offers and packages for our Timeshare Owners.
* Total approximate saving calculated on a family of 4 taking up all offers
How long is the lease for?
The lease at Langdale runs until March 2062.
Can I buy multiple weeks?
Yes you can. You can buy as many weeks as you like. These can be either running on from each other or at completely different times of the year.
How negotiable is negotiable?
This is somewhat of a grey area. As most of the sales we do at Langdale are owner's resale, it will depend on the personal circumstances of the owner which will dictate how negotiable they will be.
Are there any other charges on top of the purchase price?
There is only one other fee to pay for on top of the purchase price, this is the legal fee. The legal fee currently is £130 + VAT at the prevailing rate
Are there any financial commitments after purchasing the timeshare?
Yes there is. You will have a Management Fee which is to cover the upgrading, cleaning and maintenance of the lodge and the grounds of the Estate. See Management Fee Breakdown
How many people can we have on the ownership?
You can have as many people on the ownership as you like, however, we would always advise you keep it to as few as possible.
Can we transfer the ownership at a later date into other names?
Yes you can. You can change the ownership details into whoever you wish. The charge for doing this would one legal fee which is £276 inc. VAT at the prevailing rate
Can family or friends use our timeshare if we can't use it for a particular week?
With your permission anyone can use the lodge. During your week of ownership that property is yours. Your guest will still benefit from all the privileges of being an owner, including the discount card and use of the spa facilities.
Can we swap the timeshare if we can't use it for a particular year?
Yes you can. You can swap the week for another week at Langdale at another time of year, pending of course the availability. You can also use the bigger exchange companies such as RCI or Interval International.
Do you allow smoking in the timeshare properties?
We do NOT allow smoking in the lodges. Although the lodges don't come under the same ruling and the new 'clean air act' introduced in Britain which stops people smoking in any public areas, the owners had a vote and it was introduced as an amendment to the Constitution.
Do you allow pets in the timeshare properties?
We do NOT allow pets in the lodge. The only exception to this is for aid dogs.